MLEM Library for Extending MonoGame and FNA is an addition to the game frameworks MonoGame and FNA that provides extension methods, quality of life improvements and additional features like a ui system and easy input handling.
- Get it on NuGet
- Get prerelease builds on BaGet
- See the source code on GitHub
- See tutorials and API documentation on the website
- Check out the demos on Desktop or Android
- See the changelog for information on updates
- MLEM is the base package, which provides extension methods and additional features for MonoGame and FNA, including a text formatting system and simple input handling
- MLEM.Ui features a mouse, keyboard, gamepad and touch ready Ui system that features automatic anchoring, sizing and several ready-to-use element types
- MLEM.Extended ties in with MonoGame.Extended and other MonoGame and FNA libraries
- MLEM.Data provides simple loading and processing of textures and other data, including the ability to load non-XNB content files easily
- MLEM.Startup combines MLEM with some other useful libraries into a quick Game startup class
- MLEM.Templates contains cross-platform project templates
Made with MLEM
- A Breath of Spring Air, a short platformer (Source)
- Don't Wake Up, a short puzzle game (Source)
- Pong Clone, a very simple pong clone (Source)
- Tiny Life, an isometric life simulation game (Modding API)
If you created a game with the help of MLEM, you can get it added to this list by submitting it on the issue tracker. If its source is public, other people will be able to use your project as an example, too!
Here are some images that show a couple of MLEM's features.
The MLEM.Ui demo in action:
MLEM's text formatting system, which is compatible with both MLEM.Ui and regular sprite batch rendering:
Friends of MLEM
There are several other libraries and tools that work well in combination with MonoGame, FNA and MLEM. Here are some of them:
- Contentless, a tool that removes the need to add assets to the MonoGame Content Pipeline manually
- GameBundle, a tool that packages MonoGame and other .NET applications into several distributable formats
- MonoGame.Extended, a package that also provides several additional features for MonoGame
- Coroutine, a package that implements Unity-style coroutines for any project
- Illumilib, a simple keyboard and mouse lighting library with support for Razer, Logitech and Corsair devices
No packages depend on MLEM.Data.FNA.